Thursday, January 11, 2007

New Year Begins

The first week of the new year was quite terrible for me. Lost my cell, missed a flight, couldn’t get flight booking for an “urgent” meeting to Mumbai, lost two big orders, had a not so pleasant conversation with boss, got my finger crushed in the elevator door, got into ugly spats with a colleague, could not keep my word for a meeting with an friend, my PC got crashed, watched India losing Test Match and series to SA, hurt another friend (not physically…this time atleast), could not keep to my new year resolutions and had to resort to a lot of lies ( thats a professional hazard).

But this week seems to be quite good so far. Finally bagged one order to start the year. Expect another big one anytime. Able to avoid touring and stay in Baroda for 2.5 consecutive days. I have got a new cell, but haven’t passed on its new number to most people, and hence am able to relatively relax (My cell is for my convenience, not for caller’s), patched up again with that friend. Met an old school friend (on whom I had a great crush during school days). And yaa….had a 10 hour sleep yesterday night, followed by “No work” in office today…now thats what you call a “Professional – Personal Life Balance”

Oops..! Forgot the real intent for this post. I was supposed to be writing this about what marks apart a year from another. And it was supposed to be on a serious note. Anyways, maybe some other time. But still, to aptly voice my feelings, I misquote here a small lyric penned by a friend.

“ Years do not begin, and never end,
Except for purposes of calibration;
Gives us a moment to reflect and
Share our joys to have celebration”

Have a fantastic and rocking year ahead….

2 comments:

purvi said...

Really...gr8 to know...that ur new year was so different...

I was simply lots of laughter dozes while reading it...Really a unique..way to start new year...ha..ha..ha..

But still...u had gud time with ur old friend that is very nice to know...

Gr8 fun...readin ur new yr begin...
ha..ha..ha

Shalvi Agarvwal said...

Now i am seriously thinking of charging people who use my words and thoughts....not fair. Next on the agenda is a short-course in Patents and copyright laws..huh...what things does this world [read specific friends] make you indulge in. Alas!!!!

About Me

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Just another management graduate