Sunday, January 20, 2008

title zaruri hai kyaa

The grind begins tomorrow. With 4 lectures per day and the pleothera of case studies I am soon going to be in 'eternally busy - dare u disturb' mode. I spend today's evening roaming about in sakchi and trying to catch a glimpse of the human civilization which exists beyond XL. My life at XL has been confined to my room for sleeping, the lecture hall ( yaa...for sound sleep), Dadu's for my daily dietary requirement and that corner room in the library wherein I spend long hours in the maze created by over 55000 books and umpteen other journals. I meet the same ppl., cribbing all the time, those fake laughs over inconsequential tidbits, those same mediocre discussions, those forceful smiles and smirks, those irrelevant pressues which we build on ourselves, those undeterminate urgency for assignments, those last moment rushes of adrenalin, those clumsy parties and all those unwarranted heaps of diplomacy. But somehow, I have started enjoying it. Though my quench for intellect has been less than satisfied, I have developed a sort of liking for this surrogate life. I continue to be in a flux regarding my beliefs on the relevance of this endeavour at XL.
Hope I'll soon cut through the clutter and clear thinking will prevail. Amen !!!
PS - I somehow exercised extreme control in the Strategy class yesterday when the faculty again raised the question ' What is strategy ?' No, I wasn't going to say it is bullshit..have already said it once...I have refined my answer to be more politically correct. It is 'Strategy is a concept. It is a figment of one's imagination.'

No comments:

About Me

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Just another management graduate