Monday, January 7, 2008

My new year resolutions

With this New Year begins a new term at XLRI. The last term was an absolute nightmare. With the summer internship process, wherein I had the worst time of my life…( haan bhai haaan, I know …abhi aage bahut kuch aanewala hai), and made me even curse myself on the decision to join the best private B school of the country for a moment and doubt the fairness and genuineness ( I still do.. ) of the entire process, to the absolute crap work we bunch of idiots did during our marketing project. This marketing project when combined with the handicraft skills I developed during the more crappier and absolutely shit MAXI fair made me nominate self for the award of stupid of the year, but as always I lost. This year I lost hands down to the Pakistani media who garlanded late Benazir Bhutto as the role model of democratic ideals even after she mentioned in her will that she wanted her son ‘Bilawal’ ( nice name) to be heading her political party. Maybe, in Pakistan the party president isn’t elected, its done by the will of Party President. (In India, it’s not much different either). Last year I lost to CITU when it tried to bring the IT sector employees under its gamut. Unfortunately, the CPM Politburo didn't give much of a fight except during the mindless random ramblings on every god damn important issue for the country. All communists aren’t fools, but how come all fools are communists ???
I’ve also made few resolutions for the new year and for the new term such as to regularly get notes of my nice, loving, charming, adorable, beautiful, sexy, generous, intelligent, genius friends photocopied time to time. I am also going to keep motivating all my group mates in all projects to put in their best efforts towards doing a nice project ( hey….c…now I need to develop my f*king dipolomatic skills too.....). I have also decided that I will be definitely attending more than 75 % of the morning 8 30 lectures this term. ... .kuch jyada ho gaya naa...okie ..lets make it 60 %. I’ve also decided that I will be reducing my avg. daily expenditure at the Dadu’s by 25 %. I have already scored many a double centuries in the last term. And yaa, I am surely gonna reduce on my OMAXI dues (sacchhi…. okiee….maybe some flexibility permitted in this resolution). I am surely going to find sometime to entertain myself ( that doesn’t mean I find time to entertain others…hey....u ....c'mon not that way...u pervert) and treat myself to some bollywood flicks.. m yet to catch on OSO & Tarre zameen par…haan bhai, I m still damn busy ( pyaar aur padhai ke siwa bhi hazaar kaam hai zindagi mein). I will also be pursuing my interests in photography soon…so all you XL ki billiya…oops..I mean kudiyaan..get ready to get clicked. I also intend to switch from TOI to HT after pounding my head on the nearby wall while reading TOI as the standard of English therein has been off late been even worse than that on my blog. I wondered how a tennis player got injured on her ‘upper leg’…gosh…again... u're indeed a pervert!!! I never knew about this anatomically wonderful part which tennis players possess. The quality of language has been so abysmally low in TOI in recent times that even American friends can now find errors in it. I intend to further cut down on my chatting time. I’ve already stopped chatting on Gtalk except for the very special/ emergency purposes or special persons. With over 800 dear friends in my list therein and about 150-200 ready anytime to discuss with me wide ranging issues from the economic reforms in the animal husbandry of Rwanda to the impact of the subprime crisis in US on the tourism industry in Costa De Rica and even the unaddressed areas in the governmental program on rejuvenating the vanishing Bolivian dance styles to the effect of rise in coastal temperatures on the reproductive cycles of the sea turtles to the effect of excess SOx in flue gases on the reheater tubes in supercritical boiler to the changes in ADB funding guidelines for infrastructure projects, I find myself at little bit pressed for time ( yaa..just a little bit..you moron) for chatting with you. Also, I am gonna continue with the dubious distinction of being the only moron on campus who doesn’t use a cell phone.
This term I am having ‘Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility’ as a subject. What crap…Turbulent times ahead in the lecture hall.

Hope you accomplish all your new year resolutions. Amen !

PS : I somehow missed to register myself for Term II. But will surely get self register for term III.

1 comment:

purvi said...

chalo jo bhi hain...aapka new year resolution......Hope u follow some of them... :)
njoyyy....

About Me

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Just another management graduate