Wednesday, January 23, 2008

An encounter with JJ

I didn't wanted to pursue the French course, for which self had registered at what I consider the 'dumbest moment of my life'. So, here's the conversation between me and the dean's secy (JJ) as I try to escape from this self invited torture of french classes.

JJ : Why didn't you attend the 'French' classes yesterday ?
Me: I had just registered for the course. But I hadn't paid the fees, so I thought my registration would be cancelled.
JJ : But I hadn't send any notice that your registration was cancelled
Me : But I also didn't receive any communication that my registration wasn't cancelled inspite of not paying the fees.
JJ : Why didn't you pay the fees in the first place ?
Me : I didn't have any cheques for paying the fees. I lused to live on cash.
JJ : okie....you may submit the cheque now to the accounts department. Hope you are having the cheque now.
Me : Sure madam, I do have a cheque now.. But I told you naa, I used to live on cash. So, I don't have any cash in hand now and no balance in the bank too.. How about paying the fees as soon as I get my first salary ( thats more than one year from now )
JJ : okie...i got it now....you may start attending the lectures... don't worry about the fees, but please be regular in your 'french' classes. Attendance is compulsory for it.

So, poor me is now forced to attend 3 hours of french classes, apart from my regular 6 hours of main course everyday.

Moral of the story : Never mess with a sec'y.... they are more smarter than you think.



and yes, my next post is going to be in french....vrai, je parle francais. bon jour
PS : I paid the fees today for the French course

No comments:

About Me

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Just another management graduate