Monday, April 23, 2007

Back to skool

This is my second last week with Alstom. Soon, I’ll be leaving Gujarat to join one of the ‘top’ rated B schools, and would be spending two long years of my life over there. After four years in corporate life, working for two corporates, I would be back to school. Back to books. Back to lectures. Back to submissions. Back to ‘mock projects’. There aren’t any butterflies in my stomach, but I still feel a bit anxious.

Whether I would be able to sit for long lectures ?. Some miscreant said attendance is compulsory. Poor me. Whether I would be able to read academic books. ? A few years back, I was attending L&T’s highly rated Management Development Programme for about a week at Lonawala and was truly bored to the core. The ‘self made genius” that I am, found the course too slow and contents too basic. I decided to leave the lectures midway and had a trip around Lonawala in the rain.

After gaining some limited experience in various business areas ranging from Project Management, Marketing, Sales, Biz. Dev., Strategic Planning, Project Finance for various multi billion projects, whether I would be able to survive when someone starts giving fundas on ‘Segmentation’ or talks about ‘NPV / IRR’ or ‘Supply Chain Management’. I think I need to empty my cup beforehand to gain some fresh tea, to relearn something in a better and structured manner. Anyways, for the record, I prefer black tea without sugar.

1 comment:

Buls said...

I don't know which B-School you are joining... but I know you will survive... maybe even excel. It will be a gr8 learning experience. Don't worry... and as for unlearning everything you have learned... at TAPMI, there is a course on that. I am sure your school will have it too

About Me

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Just another management graduate