Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Why are you living ?

The last few weeks have been really nice on my physical health. Being forced to stay in Baroda with less touring around, enables me more time with myself. But not having anything on hands except bunch of magazines around, and the sagas of ruining social fabric in TOI and garlanding business successes in BS, my chaotic mind takes off to unstable territories, and poses questions difficult to comprehend, more difficult to answer. Dimaag hai (?) ki manta nahi…

So, yesterday my enigmatic mind posed me a question: “Why are you living?” I keep on trying out excuses to appease myself, but I know that I am nowhere close to find out an answer, good enough to maintain my self esteem. My entry to the earth was beyond my reasonable control, but I utterly fail to find a reason strong enough to continue my presence. No… I am far from any suicidal instincts (Suicide is a punishable offence under IPC…waah…that’s a wonderful law). But after leading a bizarre existence trotting this land for 25 years, it shook me inside out to dwell on this perennial question of life. Martin Luther King once said that every man should have a cause to die for. Atleast, I find something to live for. (Beyond self, family, friends and organization) I don’t remember nor care who was my great grandfather, and the same would be the affinity of my great grand children with me? I don’t aspire to leave my footprints on the sands of time to last forever, but even if my tenure on globle was to be terminated tomorrow, the earth won’t shrink a bit. My contribution (if any) to current “earth” is miniscule by any parameters. …Maybe, I live because I am living, not living because I want to “Live”.

PS : For the second time, my attempts to understand the simple Maslow’s pyramid failed yesterday. (Free) Help required.

No comments:

About Me

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Just another management graduate